13 Apr, 2017
1598 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Unnati Credit Card
For all account holders with minimum balance of Rs. 20,000
On 28th March, 2017 State Bank of India (SBI) was introduced a new Credit Card named “Unnati” in New Delhi by Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal. ‘Unnati’ means ‘Progress’. SBI has made an offer to issue credit cards to all of its account holders who have a minimum account balance of Rs.20000 without considering their credit history.
- State Bank of India’s (SBI’s) Unnati Credit Card is a credit card offered those SBI customers who have a minimum account balance of Rs. 25,000 in their accounts. The annual fee of Rs. 499 is waived off for the first four years. SBI felt the need to encourage the adoption of credit cards culture and facilitation of expansion in the digitalized payments in tune with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative of “Cashless” India as the nation progresses on the path to digitization. The idea is thus to spread credit inclusion among the masses. This move of SBI Card is a big step forward in that direction.
Features of Unnati credit Card
- Zero Annual Fee (Rs. 499, waived off for first 4 years);
- Rs 500 cashback on spends of Rs 50,000 or more in a year; Free for 4 years.
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs 500 & Rs 3000 (exclusive of GST, wherever applicable, & all other charges).
- Easy Approval, No Civil history checking; Get 1 Reward Point per Rs 100 spent.
5.Free of Cost; Applicable for all membership years.
Some other Facts
1.Worldwide Acceptance – You can use your SBI Card Unnati in over 24 million outlets across the globe, including Rs. 3, 25,000 outlets in India. You can use your card to make payments at any outward that accepts Visa or MasterCard.
- Balance Transfer on EMI
- Utility Bill Payment Facility Add on Cards – With SBI Card Unnati, you can empower your family with add-on cards for your parents, spouse, children or siblings above the age of 18.
- Extended Credit – Its interest-free credit period (20-50 days), it applicable only on casual purchases and if previous months’ unaccomplished balance is paid;
Surcharge of SBI’s Unnati Credit Card
Fuel and all products and services sold at petrol pumps- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000, monopolistic of applicable taxes, wherever applicable and all other charges. Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs. 100 per statement cycle, per credit card accounts.
- 500 cashback on spends of Rs. 50,000 or more in a year
- Railway Ticket through IRCTC- 1.8% of transaction amount + service charge as applicable
- Railway tickets through Railway counters – Rs. 30 + 2.5% of transaction amount.
- Cash Advance Limit – Up to 80% of credit limit, with a maximum of Rs. 12,000 per day.
- Finance charges – Up to 2.50% per month, accounting for 30% per annum from the date of withdrawal.
Cash Advance Fee
- For SBI ATMs or other ATMs 2.5% of transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 300.
- For International ATMs 3% of transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 300.
Hope you liked this topic. Stay connected with us for more such topics.
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.