08 Sep, 2017
1116 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
- System of Mixed Economy
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Planning Commission (of India)
- Harrod-Domar Model
- India’s first Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- Air India is nationalized
- State Bank of India (SBI) existence
- Industrial Policy Resolution (IPR 1956)
- Feldman-Mahalanobis model
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- Rourkela Steel Plant (Odisha)
- India’s first Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
- Guwahati Refinery
- Bhakra Dam
- All India Radio (AIR)
- Green Revolution
- Aid India Consortium
- Foreign Promotion Board.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Commercial banks nationalized
- Monopolistic and Restrictive Trade Practices Act (MRTP Act, 1969)
- Industrial Licensing Policy
- General Insurance
- The Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act, 1976
- Tata Nano
- Goods and Service Tax (GST)
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.