01 Jun, 2017
4389 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Do you know the important terms and names used this month?
- Belt and Road Forum
- Aedes aegypti
- Real Estate Act
- Tarang Sanchar
- Electromagnetic field (EMF) emission norms
- Malware named JUDY
- cyclone named ‘Cyclone Mora’
- Judge Ronny Abraham
- Who is Emmanuel Macron?
- Know who is Harish Salve and his role at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague, Netherlands.
- A. Bhavani Devi – Sports
- Amul Thapar – Indian-American
- How Bhupen Hazarika associated with Dhola-Sadiya bridge?
- Anil Madhav Dave – who passed away on 18 May 2017, was Minister of –Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- With whom is Operation Black Thunder- II is associated who passed away in the month of May’17?
- Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan
- What is a new security operations doctrine called to counter Naxalism menace in the country? ‘SAMADHAN’.
- Narmada Seva Mission – conservation mission launched in Amarkantak (Madhya Pradesh) for conservation of Narmada River. Amarkantak in Maikal Hills is the originating point of Narmada.
- Which iconic bridge has reduced travel time between 2 states by 5 hours?
- Android Go – Operating system for Phones with less than 1 GB RAM.
- Global Burden of Disease (GBD) – India now ranks 154 out of 195 countries.
- What is AWSs? – Automated Weather Stations.
- What is Comac C919?
- The term ‘SAMPADA’ stands for which scheme to boost processing of Marine and Agriculture produce.
- Why GSAT-9, is termed as the South Asia Communication Satellite?
- How Punj Lloyd Raksha Systems are associated with Defence?
- General Motors (GM) – Decided to exit India – having Chevrolet brand in India.
- Turbo Megha Airways – first private airline to get a licence to fly under UDAN.
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.