05 Sep, 2017
748 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Best of Current Affairs 1st Week 1st to 08th August 2017
Why following ‘Terms’ and ‘Events’ are important
- Who was the first BJP Member to become Vice President, prior to M. Venkaiah Naidu who became the second BJP member to become Vice-President?
- What is the process of disinvestment used for Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)?
- Who is interim PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi is?
- Why Aadhaar was made mandatory for registration of deaths?
- Who is Zulpikar Maimaitiali?
What do you mean by?
- Bharat – 22
- hydroelectric power projects – Ratle and Kishanganga
- Indus Waters Treaty (IWT)
- Person – Darshan Lal
- OFS – Offer for sale (OFS)
- Who is Rajeev Kumar at Niti Aayog.
Important Terms for Discussion and interviews
- State Bank of India the first Bank to carry out a rate revision in savings deposit rate.
- Why Narsapura plant is now Honda’s biggest two-wheeler plant worldwide, with 24 lakh annual production capacity.
- Who is Devendra Jhajha?
- In which game Usain Bolt lost to Justin Gatlin (US)?
- What major landmark BJP achieved in Rajya Sabha on 3 August 2017?
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.