24 Oct, 2016
2356 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Current Affairs – 42-43th Week
Why following ‘Terms’ and ‘Events’ are important
- Which Southeast Asian country announced its separation from the United States as major foreign affairs development?
- Indian Bank Density – Know number of commercial bank branched for every one lakh adults.
- New Political party PRJA – People’s Resurgence and Justice Alliance.
- What is HFC-23 (hydrochlorofluorocarbon), also known as trifluoromethane?
- New districts in the state of Telangana
- Nobel Peace Prize 2016 for Juan Manuel Santos (Colombian President)
What do you mean by?
- Global Hunger Index
- Udey Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN)
- MOP 28 at Kigali (Rwanda)
Important Terms for Discussion and interviews
- Who are Swapnil Gugale and Ankit Bawane?
- Know about Corporate Nissan, Make my Trip and NBCC.
- Place Spiti (Himachal Pradesh).
- Nobel prize winner Bob Dylan (United States).
- Nobel prize in Economics for the Research on contract theory (pay and rewards)
- What is HIMANSH?
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.