15 Jan, 2017
3706 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Best of Current Affairs Weekly 1-2 Week 1st – 14 January 2017
Following are the important current terms important for exams, discussions and interview.
Why following ‘Terms’ and ‘Events’ are important
- Who is regarded as ‘Father of Democracy’?
- Who was appointed as the new Chairman of Tata Sons (Tata Group)?
- What is the purpose of Specified Bank Notes (Cessation of Liabilities) Ordinance, 2016?
- Know about Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
- Newly launched Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, scheme associated with declaration of black money.
What do you mean by?
- Solar Powered Boat
- Global Content Bazaar-2017
- What is MCLR?
- Rockefeller Foundation
- India INX
- Youth Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas
- Antonio Guterres – UN Secretary General
- Technical Oscar’
- 104thIndian Science Congress (ISC)
Important Terms for Discussion and interviews
- Know about the marching band from Arab country defence forces to join the parade on India’s Republic Day on 26 January 2017.
- Which is the first country in the world to turn-off its FM radio network and switch entirely to digital broadcasting?
- Know about Kerala-based Catholic Syrian Bank?
- Which is India’s first payment bank formally launched across all 29 states on 12 January 2017?
- Which defence equipment manufacturer PSU, to be sold through strategic disinvestment?
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.