22 Jan, 2013
4721 Times Read.
Banking Awareness, Uncategorized,
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in Hindi
1) Which Indian stock exchange is going to join the list of exchanges such as Deutsche Borse AG, London Stock Exchange (LSE), NYSE Euronext and Singapore Exchange whose shares are traded on the stock exchanges? – Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
2) Under whose chairmanship a committee was formed to review BSNL’s operations in 2009-10, which had recommended selection of the best professionals from the private sector at market rates, and appointment of an eminent person from the private sector as chairman? – Sam Pitroda
3) Who heads the panel constituted by the Palnning Commission to consider issues relating to Producers Price Index (PPI) and revision of the Wholeasale Price Index (WPI)? – Saumitra Choudhury
4) As per the finance ministry data, the maximum number of financial inclusion accounts have been opened in which state during year 2011-12? – Uttar Pradesh
5) According to Indian market regulator SEBI’s latest announcement on 8 December 2012, the promoters of a listed company need to have made their shareholding disclosures at least how many years before any transfer of shares between themselves without triggering an open offer for public investors? – 3 years
6) What was the margin of victory for the motion seeking Rajya Sabha’s approval for allowing 51% FDI in India’s retail sector? – 123 – 109
7) Which company took place of Indian IT solutions company Infosys in the listings on the NASDAQ 100, after Infosys shifted its listing from NASDAQ to NYSE? – Facebook
8) It is expected that the price of Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) would come down due to a measure taken by the union govt. What is that measure – The Petroleum Ministry agreed to bring ATF prices under the purview of PNGRB (Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board)
9) Who was appointed as advisor to Finance Minister P. Chidambaram with the rank of state minister in December 2012? – Parthasarathy Shome (who is also Chairman of Committee on General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GAAR))
10) Which Indian private sector bank launched iWish, an online recurring deposit product targeted primarily at young depositors, on 5 December 2012? – ICICI Bank (In this new deposit, unlike regular recurring deposits, investors will not be penalised for missing a monthly installment. However, they will have to make up for the missed payments in the subsequent months)
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.