24 Jan, 2013
1411 Times Read.
Banking Awareness, Uncategorized,
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in Hindi
| SBI | RRB | IBPS | General Awareness | IBPS PO | Banking MCQ | Banking Awareness 2015 | General Awareness 2015 | IBPS Online Test | Banking Awareness PDF | IAS |
1) The RBI on 17th December 2012 allowed property developers to borrow money from overseas through External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) for which type of housing projects? – Low-cost housing projects
2) Which ad agency has made Idea’s Cellular’s new jingle ‘Honey Bunny’, which has become one of the most popular jingles of all time in just a few days of its launch? – Lowe Lintas
3) The Finance Ministry scaled down its growth projection for Indian economy from 7.6 per cent to what levels for the current fiscal year of 2012-13, which is the lowest GDP growth estimate in a decade. – Between 5.7 per cent to 5.9 per cent
4) It was reported in newspapers recently that the govt. is considering measures like offering gold-linked savings and gold-backed financial instruments to bring down the overall demand for gold. Due to which primary reason the need to reduce demand for gold is arising of-late? – Due to deteriorating current account deficit (CAD) mainly on account of high gold imports
5) A state-of-the-art International Pharma Trade Centre and Research and Innovation Council was proposed to be set-up by which state govt. of India recently? – Andhra Pradesh (This world-class set up is proposed to be set up in Hyderabad)
6) Which Indian companies claimed first, second and third spot amongst in the recently released Fortune 500 list of Indian companies based on revenue generated by companies? – Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
7) The RBI on 15th December 2012 proposed tighter norms for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) with regard to capital requirements, risk weights, provisioning norms and asset classification. The bank proposed has stake transfer of NBFCs for more than how much percent will now require RBI’s prior approval? – More than 25 per cent
8) The union govt. organized for the first time a national meeting on 17 December 2012 for its official handling critical information infrastructure in states and at the Centre as internet is emerging as the fifth domain of warfare. The meeting is in run up to the notification of which new centre to be established soon? – National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIIPC)
9) Which state became the first state in the country where ration subsidy is directly transferred to beneficiaries’ account in which beneficiary is recognized through Aadhar Card? – Delhi
10) Which bank recently launched the e-Gift Card facility in India? – Axis Bank (A customer can buy and send a card of his choice by either e-mailing or sending an SMS to their loved ones)
(Photo Courtesy : topnews.in)
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.