23 Jan, 2013
1759 Times Read.
Banking Awareness, Uncategorized,
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in Hindi
1) Who created history by being elected as FICCI’s (Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) first woman President on 15 December 2012? – Naina Lal Kidwai (Country Head of HSBC India Naina Lal Kidwai took place of RV Kanoria)
2) What is the name of a new index launched by the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on 14 December 2012, that is constituted by the SMEs listed on the BSE SME (small and medium enterprises) platform? – SME IPO Index (This index aims at tracking the current primary market conditions in the Indian capital market and measure the growth in investors’ wealth over a period)
3) The deadline for bank account holders to continue using their old format non-CTS cheques was extended by the RBI by how many months in an announcement made on 14th December 2012? – 3 months (old-format non-CTS cheques can now be used till 31st March 2013)
4) Which private bank leads amongst all banks in India as far as number of customers using mobile banking facility is concerned according to data released by Indian govt.? – HDFC Bank (Around 1.72 crore customers of HDFC Bank use mobile banking facility)
5) What is the new name given to the proposed National Investment Board (NIB) after the union cabinet cleared to set up a new body to expedite projects over Rs. 1,000 crore by setting timelines for concerned ministries? – Cabinet Committee on Investments (CCI)
6) How much subsidy was approved by the Inter Ministerial body on telecom on 12 December 2012 for state owned BSNL for giving support to its landline operations in rural areas? – Rs. 1500 crore
7) Under market regulator SEBI’s new guidelines unveiled on 13 December 2012, stock exchanges will not be able to accept single orders for stock, equity derivatives or ETFs of more than what amount? – Rs. 10 crore
8) Which are the two major bank associations of India which on 13 December 2012 threatened to go on strike to protest against the proposed Banking Laws (Amendment) Act 2012? – Bank Employees Federation of India (BEFI) and All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA)
9) Which senior Indian officer was re-elected as the Chairman of the United Nations Panel for External Auditors for 2013? – Vinod Rai (India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG)
10) Which UK-based bank is to pay a record $1.92 billion amount as settlement money to US authorities on charges of transferring billions of dollars for nations like Iran and enabled Mexican drug cartels to move money illegally through its US subsidiaries? – HSBC
(Photo Courtesy: rediff.com) – Photo of Naina Lal Kidwai
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.