29 Jan, 2013
1132 Times Read.
Banking Awareness, Uncategorized,
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in Hindi
1) Which life insurance company’s claim settlement ratio has been best among Indian life insurance companies according to a latest report of IRDA released in December 2012? – Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), whose claim settlement was the highest at 97.42 per cent as against average of 89.34 per cent of India’s private life insurance companies and industry average of 96.26 per cent
2) Which are the top three states with largest forest-cover in the country according to the recently released State of Forest Report – 2011? – Madhya Pradesh (forest cover of 77,700 sq. Km), Chattisgarh (55,674 sq. km) and Maharashtra (50,646 sq km)
3) India signed a Free Trade Agreement with which group of countries on 20 December 2012, which would be beneficial in enhancing the trade to around 100 billion dollar by 2015? – ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
4) ASEAN-India Commemorative Meet, which was held between 20 and 21 December 2012 at Delhi, was held to commemorate which event between India and ASEAN? – Completion of 20 years of friendship and relation between India and ASEAN
5) What is the new name of Hyderabad franchisee of IPL, which replaces Deccan Chargers after Chennai-based Sun Group acquired rights of this franchisee from Deccan Chronicle? – Sunrisers Hyderabad (name and new logo of this franchisee was unveiled on 20 December 2012)
6) Which govt. department topped the list of govt. departments in 2011 against whom a maximum number of complaints of corruption were received by the Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC)? – Railways
7) Which Swiss bank on 19 December 2012 agreed to pay fines to the tune of $1.5 billion for its role in manipulating LIBOR rates? – UBS
8) What is the name of the bill passed by the Lok Sabha on 18 December 2012, which seeks to strengthen banking regulations in the country? – Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill 2011 (This bill seeks to raise voting rights of investors in private sector banks to 26 per cent from present 10 per cent and also allows RBI to supersede boards of private sector banks to increase the cap on their voting rights to 10 per cent from 1 per cent
9) What is the name of the bill which was passed by the Lok Sabha on 18 December 2012 and will take the place of Companies Act, 1956? – Companies Act, 2011 (This new bill focus on more transparent operation of registered companies, would enhance social security of workers and would try to provide greater safety to investors)
10) What is the number of constitutional amendment passed by the Rajya Sabha on 17 December 2012 which provides reservation in promotions for SC/ST govt. employees? – 117th Constitutional Amendment
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.