13 Feb, 2013
1060 Times Read.
Banking Awareness, Uncategorized,
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in Hindi
| SBI | RRB | State Co-operative Ban, IBPS PO | Banking MCQ | Banking Awareness 2015 | General Awareness 2015 | IBPS Online Test | Banking Awareness PDF | IAS |
1) Which South-American country on 8 February 2013 announced decision to devalue its currency by half as devaluation is expected to push up prices in this heavily import-reliant economy? – Venezuela (Venezuelan currency bolivars’ devaluation became effective on 13 February 2013)
2) Finance Minister P. Chidambaram simultaneously inaugurated 101 branches of which public sector bank on 9 February 2013? – State Bank of India (SBI)
3) The Reserve bank of India on 8 February 2013 directed which two categories of banks not to grant loans for purchase of gold in any form in order to check the significant rise in import of the precious metal in recent years? – Central co-operative Banks (CCBs) and State Co-operative Banks (SCBs)
4) Which stock exchange became India’s newest stock exchange on 9 February 2013 after Finance Minister P. Chidambaram inaugurated it? – MCX-SX (This newest stock exchange of India is competing against two established stock exchanges of the country – NSE and BSE)
5) India’s newest stock exchange MCX-SX started formal stock trading operations on 11 February 2013 with first day’s total trade worth Rs. 12.53 crore. MCX-SX started with how many companies admitted for trading in its capital market segment? – 1,116 companies
6) Who are the promoters of country’s first infrastructure debt fund (IDF), which was launched by Union Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on 9 February 2013? – Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India and the IL&FS Group (IDF has primarily been set up to provide long term finance available for complete lifecycle of infrastructure projects)
7) A committee was recently set up by the Union Environment Ministry to review the kinds of projects that require environmental clearance from the Centre. Who is the head of this committee? – K. Kasturirangan, Member, Planning Commission
8) How much additional cash subsidy was announced on 11 February 2013 by the union govt. for state-owned fuel retailers for current fiscal year to make up for the revenue they lost on selling auto and cooking fuel below cost? – Rs. 25,000 crore
9) Which major coffee producing country on 8 February 2013 declared a national emergency over the spread of coffee rust disease, which has affected almost 70 per cent of coffee plantation in the country? – Guatemala (Coffee rust and fungus has affected coffee produce Guatemala as well as other South and Central American countries like Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica and El Salvador)
10) The Supreme Court on 7 February 2013 directed Karnataka Govt. to release 2.44 tmcft. of water to Tamil Nadu after accepting the report of a commission on this matter. Which commission submitted its comprehensive report to the Supreme Court on Cauvery dispute between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka? – The Central Water Commission – CWC (the commission prepared its report after visiting Thanjavur, Nagapattinam and Thiruvarur on February 5 2013. Supreme Court also rejected Tamil Nadu’s plea for releasing 9 tmcft. of Cauvery water)
| SBI | RRB | IBPS | General Awareness | IBPS PO | Banking MCQ | Banking Awareness 2015 | General Awareness 2015 | IBPS Online Test | Banking Awareness PDF | IAS |
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.